How do you get to be happy, healthy and thriving at age 100? The new issue of Solutions magazine poses this question to researchers and clinicians in the Institute for Healthy Aging — and asks a few of the Health Science Center’s centenarian patients for secrets to their long and healthy lives.
Find the magazine on racks across campus and at https://issuu.com/unthsc/docs/apr_2017_solutions_final_single_pag
Inside, you’ll also find stories on…
• the TCOM student who also works as an officer in the Dallas Police Department
• the astronaut who did his graduate research at UNTHSC
• a remarkable cancer researcher who survived the Holocaust
• an innovative program that keeps children with asthma in school and out of the ER
• the team research inside our Human Movement Performance Lab
• how UNTHSC is trying to turn around Texas’ tragic maternal mortality rates.
Look for these stories and more from the Office of Communication on www.unthsc.edu, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.