Application deadline: 7/15/2023
Researchers interested in applying for a Shaffer Grant must first submit a Preliminary Proposal for consideration. Preliminary Proposals are accepted annually from June 1 to July 15. Applicants will be notified about the status of their proposals by September and those approved to submit a full grant application will receive further instructions.
Grant applicants must possess a graduate degree, not have received a Shaffer Grant within the prior three years and agree to acknowledge Glaucoma Research Foundation in papers and abstracts resulting from Glaucoma Research Foundation funded research.
When completing your application, please keep our strategic research goals in mind:
Strategic Research Goals
- Protect and restore the optic nerve.
- Accurately detect glaucoma and monitor its progress.
- Provide better understanding and treatment for congenital/juvenile glaucoma.
- Find the genes responsible for glaucoma.
- Understand the intraocular pressure system and develop better treatments.
- Determine the risk factors for glaucoma damage using systematic outcomes data.