Programs funded by the Rheumatology Research Foundation train the next generation of rheumatology professionals, help young investigators pursue promising research ideas and support cutting-edge research projects that will lead to a cure.
Innovative Research Award
- Support of innovative research in the field of rheumatologic diseases
- Purpose: Will help enable research that has the potential to improve treatment of rheumatic diseases, patient outcomes, and/or increase quality of care
- Award Amount: Up to $200,000 per year
- Award Term: 2 Years
- Application Deadline: Required Letter of Intent due October 2, 2023 by 5 PM EST. Application due November 1, 2023 by 5 PM EST.
- Support for junior investigators to conduct innovative research
- Purpose: Encourage junior investigators in the period between completing post-doctoral fellowship training; while being competitive for more significant funding and establishing themselves as independent investigators
- Award Amount: $375,000
- Award Term: 3 Years
- Application Deadline: Required Letter of Intent due July 3, 2023 at 5 PM EST. Application due August 1, 2023 at 5 PM EST.
Scientist Development Award
- Support for individuals in the early stages of their career or those without significant prior research experience.
- Purpose: Encourage rheumatologists and rheumatology health professionals to pursue innovative research ideas
- Award Amount: Up to $225,000
- Award Term: Up to 3 Years
- Award Deadline: Required Letter of Intent due July 3, 2023 by 5 PM EST. Application due August 1, 2023 at 5 PM EST.
For more information, please see the Foundation’s website.