All UNTHSC faculty, staff and contractors are required to take Information Security training periodically. Information Security training is an important part of UNTHSC?s IT Security Program. This training is designed to raise awareness about information security, good information security practices, acceptable use of IT resources, and related policy in order to help prevent unintentional compromises of sensitive and regulated information maintained by our organization. Adopting behaviors that protect information benefits UNTHSC, our patients, our students, and can benefit you and your family, as well.
The training takes about 10-15 minutes to complete, and includes quiz questions.
All faculty and staff are required to complete the training by March 31, 2015. Failure to do so may result in loss of network privileges.
To access the training:
1. Go to https://apps.unthsc.edu/compliance/Account/Login, or locate the Security Training link on the intranet. If you have already passed the training in this system, you do not need to retake it. If you have taken security training in any other system, you will need to retake it.
2. Login with your EUID and password.
3. Choose ?Information Security Training? from the list of available courses by clicking on the Begin button.
4. If you do not see the course in the list of available training, please email AccountsAdministrator@unthsc.edu and ask to be added.
5. Please complete the training. If you do not obtain a passing score, you may retake the course until you pass.
6. If have trouble accessing the site, please contact the Helpdesk at Heldesk@unthsc.edu or 817-735-2192.
Questions, Comments, or Concerns?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 817-735-2192.
UNTHSC ITS Helpdesk
Gibson D. Lewis Library Room, 202