The required online Institutional Compliance training for the 2017 fiscal year is underway and should be completed as soon as possible, but no later than Jan. 31, 2017. Failure to complete the training by the deadline may result in access to systems and software being turned off.
This training is required of all faculty and staff (including UNT System team members who work on the UNTHSC campus), contract workers and students–unless noted otherwise in the list below.
As last year, there will be two training platforms:
– These training courses will be on the WeComply Platform:
• Reporting Child Abuse on Campus
• HIPAA Privacy and Security
• Active Shooter Preparedness
• Workplace Safety and Health (faculty and staff only)
• Continuity of Operations Awareness (faculty and staff only)
• Title IX – Discrimination and Harassment (faculty and staff only)
• Ethics and Compliance Essentials (faculty and staff only)
• Medicare Compliance and Medicare Parts C and D Compliance Training
– Two separate courses, required for anyone in UNT Health who is involved in the Medicare program or works with Medicare patients, such as medical assistants, nurses, providers, and billing/coding staff
This training course will be on the Compliance Platform: https://apps.unthsc.edu/compliance/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2fcompliance
• Information Security Training
If you completed any of the courses after June 1, 2016, those courses have not been assigned to you and will not appear when you check the platform.
Just login to each platform and click "start" or "begin" to take the desired course.
On average, each course takes 20 to 40 minutes to complete. You may start and stop the session as many times as necessary before taking the quiz. However, once you have accessed the quiz, you must complete it in one session.
Please print the completion certificate for each course and keep it for your records.