Texas Center for Health Disparities (TCHD), Institute for Health Disparities
Request for Applications to participate in the Interdisciplinary Research Leader (IRL) Program 2023
The mission of TCHD is to prevent, reduce and eliminate health disparities in our communities through research, education/training and community engagement. TCHD seeks, as one of its goals, to create opportunities for Post-doctoral Fellows, Early-stage and Junior Investigators to engage with community partners to develop and conduct health disparity research. The Texas Minority Health, Education, Research and Outreach (Texas MiHERO) program, supported by an endowment award from the National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD), will expand the capacity of the institution to enhance research and research training in minority health and health disparities. To achieve this goal, the Texas MiHERO program conducts the Interdisciplinary Research Leader (IRL) program which provides grantsmanship, mentorship and networking opportunities for the participants.
We are currently soliciting Letters of Intent (LOI) from interested applicants to participate in the IRL program.
· Selected candidates will be designated as IRL Fellows
· Salary support for participation (for faculty only)
· Travel support to attend a conference/meeting
· Grantsmanship training, Mentorship and coaching towards academic advancement
Program Duration: Up to 1 Year
A. Research Focus Area: Investigators will develop their research programs in minority health and health disparities research. Research focus areas aligning with the NIMHD research framework are encouraged.
B. Meeting the Eligibility Criteria: Postdoctoral Fellows, Junior Faculty (Independent faculty appointment within 6 years) or Early State Investigators as defined by NIH.
C. Submission of LOI Components by the due date.
· Terminal Degree:
· Terminal Degree Award Date:
· Current Position/Faculty Rank:
· Appointment Type-if applicable (Tenure Track/Non-Tenure Track):
· Years at HSC:
· Research Area:
· Research Interest Statement (Describe your current and future research ideas that you would like to work on to apply for extramural funding, 1,000 words maximum):
· Do you use animals in research? Yes/No
· Do you use Human Subjects research? Yes/No
Due Date: November 4th 2022, 5 PM
D. NIH Biosketch: Attach NIH biosketch using the current template.
E. Current/Pending Support: Attach NIH Current and Pending Support document using the current template.
Please E-mail items C to E in a single document to TCHD@unthsc.edu by 5 pm on or before November 4th 2022.
For questions or clarification, please contact TCHD@unthsc.edu or Riyaz.Basha@unthsc.edu or Harlan.Jones@unthsc.edu