Letter of Intent due: Dec 16, 2022.
Invitation for full application: Early February 2023
Full Application due: March 2023
Funding Opportunity URL: Post-Doctoral Research Fellowships | American Parkinson Disease Association (apdaparkinson.org)
Two-year fellowship up to a maximum of $50,000 per year will be awarded to post-doctoral (MD, MD/PhD, or PhD) research trainees.
The applicants will receive notification of the decision in June 2023. The APDA grant year runs from September 1st, 2023, to August 31st, 2024.
APDA Post-doc fellowships are intended to support post-doctoral trainees at U.S. research institutions whose research training focuses on new insights into the pathophysiology, etiology, and/or treatment of Parkinson’s disease. Proposals can address research questions anywhere along the pipeline from basic science to rehabilitation-focused projects.
Applicants must have completed their MD, PhD, MD/PhD or clinical residency program within two (2) years of the onset of the proposed award.
Application Process and Proposal
Required information in the Letter of Intent:
- Provide an overview of research activities to be carried out. You can upload figures in supplemental materials. (400 words)
- Highlight the novelty of the current research as well as the relevance and potential significance of the findings to the PD community (100 words)
- Indicate collaborations with other internal or external researchers/organizations. (50 words)
- Explain why your institution and your lab are equipped to perform this research (100 words)
- Provide a narrative of how the budget will be allocated (% personnel, % equipment, etc.) (50 words)
- Citations (unlimited)
In addition, the applicant’s NIH biosketch and the mentor’s NIH biosketch are required.