NIH Funding Opportunity from Texas Center for Health Disparities
The Texas Center for Health Disparities (TCHD), a NIH Specialized Center of Excellence in Minority Health and Health Disparities, would like to announce administrative supplement research opportunity on Alzheimer’s Disease and its related Dementias (AD/ADRD) for the U54 NIH grant awarded to TCHD.
Please find more details in the Notice here: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-AG-18-039.html
Here are a few key points:
* The work proposed in the supplement grant needs to be within the scope of the parent grant, which is on Women’s Health Disparities.
* The supplement award can be no more than $250,000 in direct cost and is for one year of support only.
* We are eligible to submit more than one application.
Letter of Intent:
* UNTHSC investigators interested in submitting the administrative supplement should send their letter of intent (Name, Department, Title of the Proposal and a brief abstract) to TCHD administrator Molly O’Brien (Molly.O’Brien@unthsc.edu) by December 18, 2018.
* Selected applicants will be notified before end of December
* TCHD will provide grantsmanship support to the selected applicants for final submission to NIH
Application Submission to NIH
* Application deadline to NIH is February 26th, 5:00 pm local time for funding in FY 2019.
* As part of the application, investigators should submit an abstract of the proposed research that shows the relevance to ADRD.
* NIH Coding definition of AD/ADRD research and examples of AD/ADRD grants can be found at this website: https://www.nia.nih.gov/research/grants-funding/alzheimers-disease-administrative-supplements
* Applications for dementia projects that focus on one of the three ADRD need to specify which is being investigated and include specific mention in the abstract as well (Frontotemporal Degeneration-FTD, Lewy Body Dementia-LBD, or Vascular Contributions to Cognitive Impairment/Dementia-VCID).
* Investigators should submit applications to the parent active administrative supplement PA: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PA-18-591.html. Electronic submissions are strongly preferred.
* In preparing the submission, indicate that the application is a response to NOT-AG-18-039 in Field 4.b on the SF424 form.