This email was sent campus-wide on Nov. 4, 2016:
The President’s Cabinet has approved revised parking fees recommended by a collaborative parking task force comprised of faculty, staff and student members.
These new rates generate some of the revenue needed to cover rising costs of operating and maintaining parking facilities — costs that cannot be covered by state funds.
The changes include reinstating the Faculty parking classification and re-designating Garage 4 as Faculty only.
See revised rates:
See campus map: https://www.unthsc.edu/campusmap/
Payroll Deduction Adjustments:
We will make the following expense adjustments for pay periods January through August 2017:
• Faculty and Reserved permit holders paying monthly: reduction from $50 to $30 per month
• Employee permit holders paying monthly: increase of $4 per month
• We will process payroll deduction adjustments automatically and the new rate should appear on your Feb. 1 pay statement.
• Faculty and Reserved permit holders who paid $600 lump sum: refund of $160 (8 months X $20)
• Faculty and Reserved permit holders who received a LEED discount: lump sum refund of $128
• Refund request forms will be available on the Campus Police website beginning Dec. 1. All refund request forms must be submitted to the Campus Police Department no later than Jan. 31, 2017. We will submit all refund request forms for processing by the UNT System Business Shared Services for refunds to be paid in February.
• We will not issue replacement parking stickers for permit year 2016-2017. Faculty will be issued "F" stickers to allow them to park in Faculty-designated garage #4. We have ordered the stickers and will send an email to faculty currently holding reserved permits with instructions of how to apply online to receive your "F" sticker. We will offer Faculty permits for sale during the next permit year (Sept. 1, 2017 through Aug. 31, 2018).
• Those wishing to purchase new permits or change categories can go online or contact the Police Department to get a prorated price.
• All Faculty and Reserved parking is on a first-come, first-serve basis. There are 72 spaces in the faculty garage and 166 spaces in parking lot 6.
• LEED Discounts – Effective immediately we will no longer offer LEED parking discounts. We will continue to focus on other sustainability efforts including discount transit passes, Bike Share and electric car charging stations. There will be no price adjustments for Employee and Student permit holders with LEED discounts.
• New employees will be charged at the revised rates effective immediately.
We, as a Cabinet, failed to live Our Value of Serve Others First by not fully considering the impact of our decision to raise parking fees for reserved and faculty permits. The parking task force is allowing us to own, correct and learn from our failure and be more transparent in our actions.
The soon-to-be-formed President’s Councils will have responsibility to create a five-year parking plan with reasonable and incremental increases.
We greatly appreciate your patience as we work through these changes.
Anyone with questions may go online: https://www.unthsc.edu/police/parking-office/visitor-information/parking-permits/ or contact the Police Department’s Parking Office by email at email@example.com or by phone at 817-735-2211.
Chief People & Performance Officer
Executive Vice President