Funding Opportunity Number: PAR-21-204
Deadline: September 25, 2023, January 25, 2024
Clinical vision research projects, including epidemiologic studies, are part of NEI’s core strategy for improving visual health and decreasing visual impairment in populations through research on the burden of disease, its causes, diagnosis, prevention, treatment and rehabilitation.
Projects should focus on NEI’s mission to protect and improve visual health including, but not limited to:
- Determining the burden of eye diseases and their visual outcomes in a changing population, particularly disparities in the burden and the influences of sociocultural, environmental, economic, and demographic factors.
- Improving early diagnosis of ocular diseases and their underlying processes through new screening and detection strategies.
- Determining risk factors for ocular diseases.
- Identifying and assessing strategies that will overcome barriers to eye care and convert evidence-based findings into improved patient and population outcomes.
- Studying the interplay of factors that exacerbate or mitigate risk for eye diseases.
For more information, please see the funding announcement website.