Internal Submission Deadline: Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Funding Organization’s Deadline: Thursday, February 15, 2024
Internal Application Link: https://unthsc.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1901665
Discipline/Subject Area: Clinicians and scientists in vision research and ophthalmology
Alcon Research Institute Young Investigator Grant Eligibility and Guidelines: Open to all members of the vision science community who are actively involved in independent research efforts (e.g. academics, engineers, clinician scientists, etc.). Members of the Alcon Research Institute Scientific Selection Committee and Alcon Research Institute Executive Committee are not eligible to apply.
- Along with the application, applicants should submit an up-to-date NIH-style bio-sketch or detailed CV, an up-to-date photo, and a letter of reference, preferably from the department head.
- Only two applications are permitted from a given institution. If more than two applications are submitted, a note will be sent to the head of the department asking him/her to decide on the top two applicants.
- The maximum grant amount is $75,000. The grant will be applied to support the research program of the grant recipient at their institution
- A maximum of no more than 10% can be taken from the grant by the institution for Indirect Costs.
- Applicants must be devoting at least 50% of their time toward research.
- Grant date can be no more than eight years post training
- No requirements based on Rank/Level/Title but Applicants must not yet have attained R-level grant status or equivalent. Candidate must be appointed or nominated to the assistant professor level (either research or tenure track). Associate professors are allowed, provided they are 8 years or less.
Please see the internal application link for more detailed information.