Insurance Tax Forms

If you are enrolled in the Employees Retirement System (ERS) health plan BlueCross BlueShield (BCBS), the federal Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires you to have two forms:
• Form 1095-B – mailed to you from ERS
• Form 1095-C – mailed from UNT System Administration

Both forms are for record keeping only and do not need to be submitted with federal income taxes. Employees do not pay income tax on the value of provided medical coverage.   When you file tax returns, you must indicate that you have insurance, which has been verified by Form 1095-B.

Form 1095-C notifies employees that the university system has met its obligation to provide health care benefits that meet ACA standards and affordability.  For immediate access to your 1095-B form, log in to your HealthSelect BCBS employee portal and select the drop down arrow from My Account to view or print a copy.

Both forms have been mailed to your home address and should arrive in the coming weeks. Remember, you do not need Form 1095-C to file your annual income taxes – it is only for your personal records.

If you have questions or need additional assistance, please contact your Benefits Advisors at your individual campus or send an email to: