- Internal Submission Deadline: Friday, July 1, 2022
- Funding Organization’s Deadline: Monday, August 15, 2022
- Discipline/Subject Area: Priorities in Health
Application URL: https://unthsc.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1872572
Limited submission opportunities are those for which the agencies restrict the number of proposals or nominations a university may submit for consideration for an award. Extra submissions can result in the rejection of all submitted by the institution. Therefore, all eligible and interested nominees must be internally screened to determine which will represent the university in the agency’s competition. This application is for nomination from our institution.
The Hearst Foundations assist leading regional hospitals, medical centers, and specialized medical institutions in providing access to healthcare for high-need populations. In response to the shortage of healthcare professionals necessary to meet the country’s evolving healthcare demands, the Foundations also fund programs designed to enhance skills and increase the number of practitioners and educators across roles in healthcare. The Foundations also support medical research and the development of young investigators to help create a broad and enduring impact on the nation’s health.
Funding Priorities in Health
Types of Support:
- Program, capital, and, on a limited basis, endowment support
Preference Will Be Given To:
- Professional development
- Programs improving access to high-quality healthcare for low-income populations, rural populations, and/or veterans
- Programs developing and providing specialized care for the complex needs of elderly populations
- Programs providing intensive behavioral healthcare
- Programs scaling innovative healthcare delivery systems to provide efficient, coordinated care
- Research, particularly related to finding new cures and treatments for prevalent diseases, such as cancer
Please visit the sponsor’s website for complete information:
Principal investigators are required to submit a limited submission pre-proposal by the internal deadline specified in the announcement. The pre-proposal should address the sponsoring agency’s priorities as outlined in the announcement.
The pre-proposal should be no more than 3 pages in length in 11-point font with 0.5” margins and must contain the following information:
- Proposal title
- Principal Investigator and Co-Principal Investigator(s), Department and College
- Proposed start date and duration of the project
- Estimated (total) budget for the entire performance period
- Summary of the project (main body of the document)
The limited submission committee will convene to review the pre-proposals following review guidelines. The committee will provide a recommendation to the Vice President of Research who makes the final decision regarding the internal competition.