Just in time to help with those New Year’s resolutions, the FitWorth Challenge community health event launches Jan. 25 (registration is open through Jan. 29). This year, your FitWorth points count not only toward the competition among Fort Worth organizations, but also help position Fort Worth for success in the state-wide healthy-living contest, the It’s Time Texas Community Challenge. See Mayor Betsy Price’s message.
UNTHSC will pay half the $20 registration fee for all faculty and staff members who wish to participate, making total cost just $10 per person for the six-week challenge-such a deal! Participants get a free T-shirt, and a portion of the registration fee is returned to FitWorth to support health initiatives for school-age kids and their families.
- Form a team of two-10 members
- Select your team captain, who will register the team using this Group ID: FWUNT
- Start tracking your activity minutes at www.fitworthtrack.com!
City-wide FitWorth Challenge prizes:
- The company or organization that racks up the highest average activity minutes receives a trophy.
- The team with the highest average activity minutes gets a free cooking class and special FitWorth T-shirt for each member.
- The individual with the highest average activity minutes earns a trophy and a FitWorth jacket.
After they are registered for FitWorth, each team member can make sure their activity minutes help propel Fort Worth toward success in the statewide It’s Time Texas challenge: www.ittcommunitychallenge.com. There’s no cost for the state challenge.
Good luck, and as FitWorth suggests, "Live your life like every moment matters!"