Dual or Outside Employment Request
June 10, 2021

Dear HSC Team,

HSC policy 05.506 requires full-time faculty and staff to request and obtain approval prior to engaging in outside employment, dual-employment with another state agency, or outside service, whether it is compensated or not.  This is important for a number of reasons, such as: integrity, ethics, comp time not being calculated/paid to employees accurately and possible duplicate benefits/retirement payments paid to the State from different agencies.

This form should be filled out annually if you are engaged in outside employment/outside service and we will send out reminders twice per year to help remind everyone to stay current with the policy.  Any Outside and Dual employment activity must also be disclosed in the Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form annually and within 30 days of any changes.

An electronic request form has been created for Dual and Outside Employment and can be accessed here:  This e-form will automatically be routed for approval.

Please contact Human Resources at with any questions.


Your HSC Campus HR Team