We are happy to announce that HSC Health Priority Care Clinic has the most recent version of Moderna’s mRNA COVID-19 vaccine now available for administration. These vaccines are labeled “updated” because they offer protection not only against the original COVID-19 virus but also against the emerging Omicron variants BA.4 and BA.5.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) strongly advises individuals to receive these updated COVID-19 vaccines to enhance their defense against severe illness, which could lead to hospitalization or, in some cases, loss of life. Given the continuous evolution of the virus and the impending winter season, now is the ideal time to safeguard your health.
- Eligibility: Adults and children over 12 years of age are eligible to receive either the Pfizer or Moderna updated COVID-19 vaccine. It is not necessary to receive the same brand as your previous dose. Note: HSC Priority Care only has Moderna vaccine in stock. If you would like to receive the Pfizer vaccine, please visit your local pharmacy.
- Insurance Coverage: The cost of the vaccine will be billed to your insurance, with no out-of-pocket expenses for employees and students.
- Uninsured Individuals: If you are uninsured, please contact the Tarrant County Health Department, where you can receive the vaccine free of charge.
- Initial Vaccine Supply: We have 40 doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine available now. Additional vaccines will be accessible at a later date based on demand.
- Appointment Booking: Appointments for vaccination will be open starting today, October 20, 2023, and will continue until all available doses are administered. To schedule an appointment, please call 817-735-5051.
Please be aware that you will not qualify for a COVID-19 vaccine unless you meet the following criteria:
1. Two-Month Gap: At least two months must have passed since your last COVID-19 vaccine.
2. No Recent Treatment: You should not have received monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma as part of COVID-19 treatment in the past 90 days.
3. Complete Pre-Vaccine Questionnaire: The pre-vaccine questionnaire must be completed prior to vaccination.
Your well-being is important to us. We are committed to supporting our campus community in taking the necessary steps to protect yourself and others.
Stay safe and healthy,