In order to provide HSC team members with timely COVID-19 information, students, staff and faculty will receive a weekly update every Friday on active university-related cases. The following information reflects HSC’s report as of Friday, April 30, 2021.
Current cases (see definitions below):
- 0 active cases with direct campus impact
- 0 active case with indirect campus impact
There has been one reported on-campus exposure resulting in a positive case.
A COVID-19 dashboard tracking active cases is updated every week. Due to privacy concerns, HSC can offer only limited case information.
*Please review HSC’s current COVID-19 reporting guidelines.
When a positive case is reported, contact tracing is used to determine if/when the student or employee was last on campus and their interactions. Team members who have been in close contact with a positive case are notified and provided guidance.
Close contact is defined as being within six feet of someone with COVID-19 for over 15 minutes, starting 48 hours before symptoms start, regardless of whether face coverings are worn, according to the CDC.
Please report all positive or negative COVID-19 test results and potential exposures to HSCCOVID@unthsc.edu.
- Active Cases: Individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Direct Campus Impact: Individuals who have been on the HSC campus within 2 days of the onset of COVID-19 symptoms or receiving a positive COVID-19 test.
- Indirect Campus Impact: Individuals who do NOT report having been on the HSC campus within 2 days of the onset of COVID-19 symptoms or receiving a positive COVID-19 test.