People have a powerful need to understand and predict their environments in order to feel in control.
When we are exposed to potential threats to our well-being, we naturally respond to this uncertainty with anxiety and fear. This training will address ways of effectively coping with uncertainty in today’s media saturated world. This one hour course will examine how to remain positive and functional despite the risks of living in a changing world. Included will be practical tips for coping with uncertainty, re-establishing control and how to speak to children about fear.
Employees impacted by uncertainty and wishing to cope more effectively
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
• Understand the impacts of certainty on your emotions, perceptions and behaviors
• Recognize ways of discerning actual risks from perceptions
• Identify means of asserting control and letting go of fear
• Learn techniques to minimize your stress and cope with uncertainty
• Identify ways to help children respond to uncertainty