October is designated American Pharmacists Month by the American Pharmacists Association (APhA), and October 17-23 is National Pharmacy Week, hosted by the American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP). This is the time of year to recognize the important contributions pharmacists make to health care and the positive impact of their work in our communities.
Here are a number of ways to celebrate pharmacists and the pharmacy community this month:
• October 1 begins American Pharmacists Month. Take time to #thankapharmacist throughout the month.
• October 12 is #WomenPharmacistDay, celebrating the significant gains that women have made in pursuing careers in pharmacy.
• October 17-23 – National Pharmacy Week (#HSCPharmacyWeek): HSC pharmacy student organizations are busy planning activities for the week and will have more details to share soon.
• October 19 – It’s National Pharmacy Technician Day (#rxtechday). More than half of our student pharmacists started pharmacy school with experience as a pharmacy technician, and many of them work as technicians. Read about HSC student pharmacists.
• October 22, 1-4 pm, IREB 2nd floor foyer – College of Pharmacy Showcase Day (#HSCPharmacyShowcase and #thankapharmacist)
Join us for this come-and-go event featuring poster presentations highlighting research, education & teaching, clinical practice and service. Stop by for giveaways, delicious cookies and light snacks!
View the flyer here: https://www.unthsc.edu/college-of-pharmacy/wp-content/uploads/sites/14/Pharmacy-Showcase-Flyer-Oct.-22.pdf