Students! April is upon us and spring is in the air—and the Career Readiness Center is excited to be hosting our annual “Career Readiness Month” as a time to bring your career path to light, and to provide activities and resources to assist you in fulfilling your personal plan. Please join us all month long for “Create Your Playlist” (take THAT, Spotify!). You can find more information about UNTHSC’s six identified Career Readiness Skills here: https://www.unthsc.edu/students/career-readiness/
Upcoming Event Highlights include (in-person and virtual options):
- DEI in the Workplace” Redefining Professionalism: (4/11 @ noon in Lib 110)
- Networking: Your Elevator Pitch and Professional Brand (4/18 @ noon in Lib 110)
- Etiquette Dinner (4/18 6:00-7:30 p.m. in MET 109-111)
- Alumni Panel: “The Alumni Journey” (4/28 5:30-7:00 p.m. in MET 506)
* MOST events provide food for in-person attendees, and a Zoom option for those who prefer to attend virtually! Attendance also counts for credit towards earning Career Readiness Microcredentials.
To see the full schedule of Career Readiness Month activities and events—and to register—go to the Career Readiness Center ‘Events and Workshops’ page:
https://www.unthsc.edu/career-center/events-and-workshops/ or go directly to the Career Readiness Center Events page: https://unthsc.campuslabs.com/engage/organization/career-center/events
NOTE: Students who register and participate in at least three “starred” Career Readiness Month events (see calendar) will be eligible for the prize drawing to choose from one of the following items:
- Charcuterie board set
- JBL Waterproof Speaker
- HSC Branded Student Business Cards
- HSC SWAG Pack!
To schedule an appointment with a career advisor, please visit our website (click “Make an Appointment”) or contact the Career Readiness Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.