The American Physiological Society postdoctoral fellowship provides funding to five fellows for one year, starting on July 1 and ending on the following June 30. Funds can be used for stipend and/or travel to APS-sponsored conferences, not to exceed $50,000 total. No indirect costs allowed.
Timeline and Deadlines:
Letter of intent deadline: November 15
Decisions on letter of intent to be notified: January 1
Full applications deadline: February 15
Award amount: $50,000
APS postdoctoral members worldwide are eligible to apply for this award.
Fellow applicants must:
- be a current APS Postdoctoral member;
- hold a PhD, MD or equivalent degree and a postdoctoral research position at their institution by the November 15 deadline;
- applicant is eligible up to three years after obtaining terminal degree or completion of clinical training at the time of full application;
Note: The program is limited to one application from the same mentor/sponsor within each program cycle.
Applicants’ mentor/sponsor must:
- have a minimum of three consecutive years of APS membership at the time of application (please verify your membership);
- have past experience as a mentor/sponsor; and
- If assistant professor or equivalent, the application is required to include an established co-mentor/sponsor or a mentoring team of experienced investigators.