The Division of Academic Innovation (DAI) and RISE Team would like to invite you to attend the upcoming AHSE Summer Sessions:
Microaggression and Macroaggression in Health Science Education
Renay Scales, Ph.D., NCBI Regional Campus Director
Part 2: 11:30 AM-1 PM, July 8, LIB 400 or Zoom
- We’ve learned more about micro and macroaggression in Part 1, now what?
- How do I act in an accountable manner when I make them?
- How do I help others understand their errors without making them defensive?
- Consider joining Part 2 on July 8th to answer these questions!
- Identify a process for interrupting aggressive comments/behaviors when they have engaged in those comments/behaviors.
- Demonstrate skill in implementing a process for interrupting aggressive comments/behaviors through role playing.
- Effectively engage others who have made aggressive comments/behaviors in such a way that decreases defensiveness and moves the conversation forward.
If you plan to attend part 2 in person, please RSVP with Laura Moore by Wednesday, July 6, at noon.
If you plan to attend virtually, please click here to join the Zoom meeting.