Proposal Central open for submissions: July 1, 2022
Proposal Deadline: Thursday, September 8, 2022. Proposals must be received no later than 3 p.m. Central Time on the deadline date. Early submission is encouraged.
* International students eligible to apply, please see the sponsor’s link for specific Visa requirements (Application Information – Professional Heart Daily | American Heart Association)
Before beginning an application, review the eligibility and requirements that apply to all AHA research awards at AHA Application Information page, 2023 AHA Postdoctoral Fellowship – Professional Heart Daily | American Heart Association
Applicants must be AHA Professional Members at the time of application. This must be done online. Join or begin the membership process well before the deadline.
All proposals must be submitted electronically via Proposal Central (AHA Proposal Central – Professional Heart Daily | American Heart Association). The system will open eight weeks prior to the application deadline to complete your proposal and upload documents. You can begin to create your documents now; please refer to the AHA Application Instructions
- At the time of award activation, the applicant must hold a post-baccalaureate PhD degree or equivalent, or a doctoral-level clinical degree such as MD, DO, DVM, PharMD, DDS, DPh, or PhD in nursing, public health or other clinical health science.
- At the time of award activation, the awardee may not be pursuing a doctoral degree.
- At the time of award activation, the applicant may have no more than five years of research training or experience since obtaining a post-baccalaureate doctoral-level degree (excluding clinical training).
- The awardee will be expected to devote at least 80 percent of full-time work either to research or to activities pursuant to independent research (instead of administrative, clinical duties that are not an integral part of the research training program, or teaching responsibilities).
- This award is not intended for individuals of faculty rank.
- MD or MD/PhD with clinical responsibilities who needs instructor or similar title to see patients, but who will devote at least 80% full-time to research training.
- R.N./PhD with a clinical appointment. The awardee will be expected to devote his/her time to research or activities directly related to the development into an independent researcher. All other eligibility criteria apply.