One of the most effective ways to accomplish a development goal is to write it down. This enables both the coach/supervisor and team member to think of ways to successfully translate development goals into actions steps that are needed to achieve the goal.
- The HSC Values-Based Coaching Culture will include scheduled coaching sessions between coaches and their team members.
- These scheduled sessions will occur three times a year and will include a formal coaching plan template.
- The coaching plan is a shared responsibility between the team member and the coach.
- Team members will start the plan, and coaches will provide guidance in creating a plan that sets meaningful development goals.
UNTHSC Coaching Plan
Complete this coaching plan for detailed alignment with the Performance Feedback structure or if you prefer this format.
Complete this coaching plan if you would prefer the less detailed format.
Use this plan to take notes as well as get ideas for open-ended coaching questions to guide the conversation.
* These options for coaching were developed in 2016 by the Coaching Plan Design Team using the design thinking process.
A special thanks to Robin Bartoletti, Susan Franks, Betsy Friauf, Caitlin Gibson, Deborah Gillespie, Elizabeth Heyerdahl, Kim Meyer, Joanne Mize, Matt Moncus, Emily Spence-Almaguer, Victor Uteshev, Annesha White, and Joseph Yuan for their leadership in reimagining the coaching plan.
Formal Coaching Resources
- Coach Notes– note taking template
- Coaching Action Plan– template for assisting with more detailed action planning
- Your Guide to Developing Effective Coaching Plans- English
- Your Guide for Developing Effective Coaching Plans – Spanish
- SEE_2020 Roadmap
Completed Coaching Plan Examples
Questions? Please contact the Office of Strategy and Performance at OSP@unthsc.edu.
This page was last modified on April 4, 2019