HSC is committed to the well-being and safety of our students, staff and faculty. With the increased availability of COVID-19 vaccines, HSC is continuing to transition to more “normal” operations. This includes gradually relaxing restrictions on University events and preparations for a greater presence of HSC faculty, staff, and students on campus.
As restrictions for in-person events ease, the procedure for room reservations/events will return to standard operating procedures through the Scheduling Office, Events Council, or Office of Student Development.
Lastly, we ask that all team members follow the HSC Code of Culture when planning in-person events to allow for safe, social interactions with our colleagues.
April 15, 2021
- Faculty and staff may conduct business in-person while wearing masks and being physically distanced at least 3 feet apart.
- The Scheduling Office is permitted to schedule academic courses starting on May 17 with masks and 3 feet physical distancing.
April 19, 2021
- The Gibson D. Lewis Health Science Library study space becomes accessible 24/7 for students, faculty, and staff. HSC badge required for entry.
- The library will remain closed to visitors until further notice.
- Lewis Library’s Remote Service Desk will be staffed Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
May 14, 2021
- HSC Commencement will be held at Dickies Arena with a traditional in-person ceremony. Safety protocols will include wearing masks and physically distanced student seating.
May 17, 2021
- Student organizations may begin requesting space for HSC-sponsored in-person events.
- Effective Monday, May 17, fully vaccinated individuals no longer need to wear a mask or social distance indoors while on-campus at HSC , unless otherwise deemed required for patient related events or contact. Furthermore, individuals can continue to wear a mask and social distance at their discretion.
- Non-HSC organizations may begin requesting space on campus.
- The Founder’s Activity Center (FAC) will reopen with the following operating hours: 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday-Sunday
- Faculty-staff will have to restart their FAC memberships by direct purchase or through payroll deduction.
- Group exercise classes will continue to be held virtually.
HSC is prepared to adjust to changing conditions to ensure a safe transition for all team members. Your patience is appreciated.
HSC Reopening Committee