Published: January 6, 2021
Categories: Graduate School of Biomedical ScienceHSC UpdatesSchool of Health ProfessionsSchool of Public HealthStudentsTexas College of Osteopathic MedicineUNT System College of Pharmacy
We have received numerous questions over the past few weeks and want to provide some clarification regarding COVID-19 vaccines at HSC:
- HSC Health has submitted an application to the State for consideration and approval to administer the COVID-19 vaccine.
- The Texas COVID-19 Expert Vaccine Allocation Panel (EVAP) determines allocations and population priorities so we do not have a definitive date of when we will receive our initial vaccine allocation but are hoping it will be within the next few weeks.
- HSC students are not required to receive the vaccine to be on campus.
- All HSC students participating in clinical rotations are subject to the guidelines as outlined by your respective clinical training site. If you foresee this as a potential issue, please contact your respective department immediately to discuss other options.
- The Tarrant County Medical Society (TCMS) has identified opportunities for HSC students actively participating in clinical rotations (per the priority from the State) to register for the vaccine at various Tom Thumb locations.
- All students participating in clinical rotations should have been contacted directly by your respective program with further instructions.
- If you are a student participating in clinical rotations and have not received this information, please contact your program directly.
- All other students will have the opportunity to receive the vaccine at a later date and will be notified once it is available.
- If you have been designated as a Phase 1A or Phase 1B candidate due to being high risk, you can register for a vaccine at one of the following links:
We will continue to provide updates as we receive more information from EVAP. In the interim, if you have questions or need additional information please do not hesitate to contact Vicki Cannon at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Mark Chassay at mark.chassay@unthsc,edu.