If you have tested positive for COVID-19, have been exposed to a COVID-19 positive person or are experiencing possible symptoms, please follow these HSC protocols and procedures, which are based on current CDC guidelines: and Tarrant County Public Health guidelines.
It’s important for everyone to continue using all the tools available to help stop this pandemic as we learn more about emerging variants and the effectiveness of vaccines and other measures in controlling the spread of infection. We encourage you to get vaccinated, wear a mask when around others, stay at least 6 feet away from others, avoid crowds, and wash your hands often.
REMINDER: These are guidelines and may not cover every case or scenario. HSC adheres to a symptom-based strategy for return to campus. If there are any questions contact HSCCOVID@unthsc.edu via encrypted email.
COVID-19 Guidelines Regardless of Vaccination Status
Confirmed positive COVID-19 test result
- Isolate for 5 days
- If you have no symptoms or symptoms are resolving after 5 days, end isolation
- Recommend wearing a mask around others for 5+ additional days
Exposure to someone with COVID-19 (exposure defined as within 6’ for more than 15 minutes over a 24-hour period)
- Recommend wearing a mask around others for 10+ days
- Test on Day 5 if possible
- If you develop symptoms at any point, isolate and test yourself
*HSC students doing clinical rotations will adhere to the COVID guidelines of their respective clinical rotation site.
Criteria to return to campus
- Five days have passed since any symptoms first appeared or you to continue to not experience any symptoms (cough, shortness of breath, etc.)
- Improvement of symptoms (symptoms other than fever do not need to be fully resolved)
- More than 24 hours have passed since last fever without using of fever reducing medications
Note: Prolonged symptom(s) in individuals who are immunocompromised may require longer isolation periods.
Who to contact
- Report any COVID-19 positive test to the University using the private, encrypted University email HSCCOVID@unthsc.edu and type “#hscsecure in the subject line
- Report to supervisor/academic department regarding “illness” and make appropriate work/class arrangements
Please include the following information:
- Date symptoms started
- If no symptoms, then date test was performed (not date test result was received)
- Dates on HSC campus – specifically include dates 2 days before any symptoms or testing and dates following
- Name of supervisor/academic department
- Names of person(s) with whom you had close contact exposures while on campus
Self-screen daily for the following symptoms:
- Fever > 100.4F or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle or body aches
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
*To date, most variants cause similar COVID-19 symptoms.
If you are having symptoms:
- Stay home and isolate.
- Notify supervisor/academic department you are ill and not coming to work/school.
- See health care provider for evaluation and COVID testing as indicated.
- If receive a positive COVID-19, notify HSC by sending a secure email to HSCCOVID@unthsc.edu, typing “#hscsecure” in the subject line.