Published: June 29, 2020
Categories: HSC Updates
The virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to others by infected persons who have few or no symptoms. Because of the hidden nature of this threat, HSC has established the following requirements for face coverings in order to enter or remain on campus.
- All persons over the age of 10, including employees, customers, visitors, invitees and contractors who enter HSC must wear a face covering over their nose and mouth, such as a medical mask, homemade mask, scarf, bandana or handkerchief.
- The requirement of a face covering does not apply if covering the nose and mouth poses a significant mental or physical health risk to the individual.
- The requirement of a face covering also does not apply when an individual is consuming a food or beverage or receiving a service where the wearing of a mask would impair the performance of the service.
- Visitors who do not wear a face covering will be asked to leave the premises and will not be provided goods or services until the face covering requirements are followed.
HSC also requires the following social distancing protocols.
- Even with the use of appropriate face coverings, individuals should maintain six feet of social distancing whenever possible.
- Team members should not work within six feet of one another, except to the extent necessary to provide services.
- Visitors should maintain six feet of separation from other individuals outside their household, to the extent feasible when on the HSC campus.
For more information about HSC’s COVID-19 safety guidelines and reopening plan, visit https://www.unthsc.edu/coronavirus/