Genomics Core is well equipped for molecular biology relating to Next Generation Sequencing through sequencing equipment and library preparation automation. The Core is involved in a collaborative venture between multiple universities to establish a center for library preparation, genome sequencing, analysis, and interpretation.
- Illumina NextSeq 550
- 10X Genomics Chromium System
- Agilent Tapestation 4200
- Library preparation
- Quality check
Taegun Kwon, PhD
Log in to iLab to see a full list of equipment and schedule time in the Genomics lab.
Contact Dr. Kwon for pricing quotes.
- 10x Genomics 3′ Single Cell Gene Expression
- 10x Visium Spatial Transcriptomics
- Illumina TruSeq Stranded mRNA Library prep
- Illumina Stranded Total RNA Library Prep
- Illumina DNA Library Prep
- Illumina Nextera XT DNA Library Prep
- NEXTFlex Small RNA Library Preparation
Contact Dr. Kwon for other library preparation not listed here.
The HSC Genomics Core Facility is equipped with Illumina’s NextSeq 550 in house. Access to additional technologies is available through a local core collaborative. Contact Dr. Kwon with other sequencing inquiries.
- Qubit Flourometer
- dsDNA Broad Range
- dsDNA High Sensitivity
- RNA Broad Range
- RNA High Sensitivity
- RNA IQ Assay
- Agilent Tapestation 4200
- 1000 ScreenTape Assay
- D5000 ScreenTape Assay
- Genomic DNA ScreenTape Assay
- High Sensitivity D1000 ScreenTape Assay
- High Sensitivity D5000 ScreenTape Assay
- High Sensitivity RNA ScreenTape Assay
- RNA ScreenTape Assay
Q: Where is the Genomics Core Facility?
A: We are located in RES-126. Email Dr. Kwon to coordinate a lab visit or sample drop off time. Upon arrival, please ring the doorbell.
Q: How can I obtain my sequencing data?
A: You can come directly to the lab with a storage device for direct data transfer, or download your sequencing run directly through Illumina’s BaseSpace dashboard.
Q: What should I consider when designing my project for sequencing?
A: Here are a few resources to help you determine the optimal library preparation kit for your samples (from Illumina), sequencing coverage, and pricing estimates.
Contributions to scientific output is an important metric for Core Labs, as it enables us to obtain financial and other support to ensure continuous high standards of operations to foster innovative research.
Users are encouraged to acknowledge Genomics Core in presentations, posters, papers, and all other publications.
For example: “We acknowledge [name of staff] in the HSC Genomics Core for training and assistance on [following]”.
When to acknowledge or provide co-authorship
- Include an acknowledgement any time the staff member or the Core provides services that support your research
- If a staff member has made a significant intellectual contribution beyond routine sample analysis, please consider co-authorship