Skip to content
In vivo Efficacy Models
Septicemia Infection (Mouse)
- Determinations of Median Effective Dose (ED50) and bacterial tissue titers for test articles against infections with both gram-positive and gram-negative pathogens, including characterized resistant strains.
Subcutaneous Abscess (Mouse)
- A chronic skin infection model using either S. aureus (MRSA), S. epidermidis(MRSE), S. pyogenesor P. aeruginosa bacterial isolates.
Superficial Skin Infection Model (Mouse)
- A superficial skin infection model for the determination of efficacy of topical agents using either S. aureus, S. pyogenes, P. aeruginosa orA. baumannii individual and mixed infections.
Biofilm Catheter Implant (Mouse)
- Model of device-related biofilm infection using subcutaneous S. aureus infected teflon catheter implants. Gram-negative organisms in development.
Prosthetic Joint Infection (Mouse)
- Implant associated infection with a femoral pin (stainless steel) – S. aureus infection
Acute Lung Infection (Mouse)
- Murine lung infections with S. aureus, S. pneumoniae, K. pneumoniae, A. baumannii, P. aeruginosa and H. influenzae using bacterial lung titers and/or survival as measured endpoints.
Acute Lung Infection (Rabbit)
- Lung infections with K. pneumoniae and P. aeruginosa using bacterial lung titers and/or survival as measured endpoints.
Chronic Lung Infection (Mouse)
- P. aeruginosa & S. aureus (MRSA)
Central Venous Catheter Infection (Rat)
- Biofilm infection of an intravascular indwelling jugular catheter with S. aureus
Granuloma Pouch (Rat / Mouse)
- Infected pouch model for the simultaneous determination of penetration (levels) and efficacy (CFU counts) of administered agents in the rat or mouse.
Helicobacter pylori Gastritis (Mouse)
- Gastric infection model using H. pyloristrains with efficacy measured as CFU log reduction / relapse within the gastric mucosa.
Clostridium difficile Infection (Hamster & Mouse)
- CDAD model for the evaluation of survival / relapse, GI pharmacokinetics, fecal/cecal bacterial titers and Tox A/B detection utilizing both susceptible and epidemic (Ribotypes 027 & 078) clinical isolates.
Neutropenic Thigh Infection Model (Mouse)
- Determination of the Pharmacokinetic / Pharmacodynamic indices as related to the efficacy of an antimicrobial agent (pharmacokinetics, dose ranging and dose fractionation studies).
Urinary Tract Infection (Mouse)
- Ascending pyelonephritis model using uropathogenic E. coli bacterial isolates and the diabetic mouse UTI model with Pseudomonas aeruginosa; enumeration of the bacterial titers in kidneys, bladder and urine.
Neisseria gonorrhoeae infection (Mouse)
Sepsis / Inflammation (Mouse)
- Murine cecal ligation and puncture model (CLP) with survival and biomarker endpoints.
Intra-abdominal Abscess Model (Rat / Mouse)
- Mixed intra-abdominal infection with E. coli and B. fragilis
Infective Endocarditis Model (Rat)
- Implanted catheter – S. aureus, Enterococcus
Systemic Antifungal Model (Mouse)
- C. albicans, C. auris & C. kruseii (candidiasis)
- Aspergillus fumigatus
Cutaneous Antifungal Model (Mouse)
- Aspergillus fumigatus – Subcutaneous abscess & superficial skin infection
- Fusarium spp. – in development
RSV Lung Infection (Mouse)
- Respiratory syncytial virus lung burden model – pending
- Additional protocols of interest can be developed at the request of the sponsor as required.