The PCAT test is waived for 2021 admissions!
For consideration into the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program applicants must:
- Complete the pharmacy prerequisites prior to matriculation
- Option to Claim the General Education Prerequisites Exemption: If you have (or will complete in May) a bachelor’s or higher degree from an accredited U.S. college or university, you may claim an exemption from the General Education Prerequisites. If you claim the General Education Prerequisites exemption, then only your Math and Science prerequisite coursework will be included in the GPA calculation. IMPORTANT – Claiming the General Education Prerequisites Exemption is optional. If you choose to claim the General Education Prerequisites Exemption, you must have a 2.5 GPA or higher in your Math & Science coursework to be considered for an interview.
- Achieve a minimum overall 2.5 grade point average on prerequisite coursework
- Obtain three (3) letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation must be from a person who can comment on the applicant’s academic, volunteer, and/or employment experiences and attributes. Letters of recommendation from friends and family members will not be accepted; if submitted, such a letter will delay your application’s processing.
- Apply for admission via PharmCAS www.pharmcas.org
- Submit a UNT System College of Pharmacy Supplemental Application
- Submit the UNT System College of Pharmacy Supplemental Application Fee
Note: A bachelor’s degree is not required.
A criminal background check and drug screening will be required for applicants offered admission.
Grade Point Average
A 2.5 minimum overall grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale is required to be considered for admission review and interview consideration. If a course has been failed or repeated, all attempts are used in the calculation of the grade point average. However, the Admissions Committee will consider upward grade trends.
The PCAT is no longer required for 2021 admissions; however, the PCAT, if taken, will be considered as part of the holistic review.
If, after reading this page and reviewing all the links you still have questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer regular informational webinars on our program. You can find more information on the Recruiting Page.
This page was last modified on July 14, 2020