MOTTO: “We make healthcare better”
The UNTHSC College of Pharmacy vision is to be an extraordinary team committed to a culture of excellence, innovation, equity, and collaboration to improve health.
PURPOSE, VISION, MISSION, VALUES, MOTTO AND GOALS
PURPOSE: Transform lives in order to improve the lives of others.
VISION: To be an extraordinary team committed to a culture of excellence, innovation, equity, and collaboration to improve health.
MISSION: Create solutions for a healthier community by developing patient centered pharmacy professionals, promoting team healthcare, and optimizing health through discovery.
COURAGEOUS INTEGRITY: Model exceptional standards and act in the best interest of our community.
BE CURIOUS: Cultivate opportunities for learning, creating, discovering, and innovating.
WE CARE: Champion a people-first approach to building relationships and community.
BETTER TOGETHER: Foster an inclusive environment of respect, belonging, and access for all.
SHOW YOUR FIRE: Exhibit passion and pride in the experiences we create.
MOTTO: “We make healthcare better”
Our motto reflects the increasing contribution to healthcare that can be provided by pharmacists trained in the highly inter-professional and primary care environment present at the UNTHSC. This also extends to the contribution that our faculty and graduates will make to develop new and more effective pharmacotherapy.
- To produce highly competent pharmacy professionals for the provision of pharmacist-delivered patient care, including comprehensive medication therapy management services, the advancement of the practice of pharmacy and its contributions to society.
- To produce pharmacy professionals who fully understand the contributions to health care of other health professionals, who embrace and can function in a team approach to health care, and who can serve as effective partners in providing primary care services to improve the health and wellbeing of their
- To conduct and disseminate research and other scholarly activity that improves the maintenance of health and delivery of health care in Texas and
- To prepare graduates with life-long learning skills so they continue to extend their competence through accredited continuing professional education, evidence-based learning and utilizing clinical guidelines in their
- To create a culture of assessment wherein education, research, practice and outreach are continually examined for optimization of
INDICATORS AND ACTIONS
INDICATORS we are fulfilling our mission and accomplishing our goals include:
- Graduates and residents are exemplary, confident and essential team healthcare members.
- Benchmarks for team healthcare are elevated.
- UNTHSC-based enterprises are transformed and expanded through integration of pharmacists into team healthcare delivery.
- Faculty, trainees and graduates proactively forge strategic partnerships to advance healthcare.
- Publications, presentations, patents, and documented improvements in education, practice, therapy and outcomes (economic, clinical, humanistic and scientific)
- Entrepreneurial activity of the College to promote sustainability.
ACTIONS to facilitate fulfilling our mission and accomplishing our goals include:
- Promoting and living our values-based culture.
- Developing all team members to excel as professionals, educators, clinicians and scholars by maximizing their skills, abilities and impact.
- Delivering effective and innovative educational programs.
- Capitalizing on unique opportunities of the Health Science Center for inter-professional education.
- Advancing our research agenda.
- Creating and implementing innovative health care delivery models.
- Developing partnerships, collaborations and strategic alliances.