Certificate in Pharmacometrics
Deadline: July 31, 2021
Start Date: August 16, 2021
Contact Admissions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The goal of the Certificate in Pharmacometrics is to provide a skill-building program in quantitative tools that are used in drug development, regulatory decision making and precision dosing.
- Obtain a Certificate in Pharmacometrics in 12 months online to enhance your skills and career.
- Train in quantitative tools that are used in drug development, regulatory decision making and precision dosing.
- Learn from expert faculty from pharmaceutical industry, academia and regulatory backgrounds.
Pharmacometrics is defined as that branch of science concerned with mathematical models of biology, pharmacology, disease, and physiology used to describe and quantify interactions between xenobiotics and patients, including beneficial effects and side effects resultant from such interfaces (Barrett, Fossler et al. 2008).
The Role of Pharmacometrics in the Practice of Pharmacy and Medicine
Clinical Pharmacometrics: How does it matter for a physician?
Presented by: Michael Neely, MD, MSc, FCP
Chief, Division of Infectious Diseases, Director, Laboratory of Applied Pharmacokinetics and Bioinformatics (www.lapk.org), The Saban Research Institute, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, Professor and Clinical Scholar, Department of Pediatrics, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California
How Can I Become a Better Pharmacist? Understanding Pharmacometrics in the Dose Selection of Commonly Prescribed Medications
Presented by: Benjamin Duy Tran, PharmD, BCPS, Associate Director, Pharmacometrics, Certara
The Role of Pharmacometrics in Drug Development
Discover the role of pharmacometrics in drug development in this recorded Pharmacometrics Symposium, and learn more about the Certificate in Pharmacometrics.
Featured presenters include Dr. Michael J. Fossler, VP of Clinical Development and Quantitative Sciences for Trevena, Inc., Dr. Mark Sale, VP of Pharmacometrics for Nuventra, and Dr. Ayyappa Chaturvedula, Associate Professor of Pharmacotherapy in the HSC College of Pharmacy.
Career Opportunities in Pharmacometrics
- Clinical pharmacologist
- Regulatory agencies, clinical practice and pharmaceutical industry
What skills will I gain upon completion?
- Proficiency in pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic data analysis
- Understand the principles of clinical pharmacology in drug development
- Foundational statistical knowledge required for pharmacometrics
- Proficiency in using various software programs used in pharmacometrics
- Precision dosing tools and applications
Who should apply?
- Health science professionals and students (e. g. PharmD, MS, PhD, MD, DO, MPH, PA) with pharmacology/pharmacokinetics background
Certificate Program Roadmap
How to Apply
This page was last modified on April 22, 2021