The Center for Innovative Learning offers a wide variety of services and assistance to assist in creating excellent teaching and learning at UNTHSC. We help educators interact with each other, innovate teaching and learning and inspire student success.
Vision: To be among the forefront of leading innovations and best practices in teaching, learning, and the scholarship of education.
Mission: To create and nurture a community of faculty educators dedicated to enriching student learning and advancing health sciences education.
Goal: To help make UNTHSC the team of choice for education, discovery and health care.
We provide specialized services in the following areas. Please click on the links for more information:
- Canvas Administration oversees the Canvas Helpdesk, user account management and other Canvas related issues.
- Instructional Design and Educational Technology provides expertise in a wide range of instructional solutions, from the traditional to the cutting edge, including media production, online, blended and face to face learning tools and environments, instructional design, the development courses and curriculum, and more. We also facilitate the Quality Matters Program at UNTHSC,provide Assessment Assistance for tests, rubrics, surveys, and use of PeerWise and Qualtrics and oversee Online Course Design and Delivery at UNTHSC
- Faculty Professional Development at the CIL includes Development, Training and Events on teaching and learning topics of all kinds.
- Multimedia Production can assist you with creating multimedia assets for online, blended and face to face courses.
- Curriculum assistance includes syllabus analysis, student focus groups to obtain information on student learning and perceptions and classroom assessment visits designed to improve students’ performance across health sciences courses.