Why use VoiceThread?
VoiceThread is a totally web-based application that allows you to place collections of media like images, videos, documents, and presentations at the center of an asynchronous conversation. A VoiceThread allows people to have conversations and to make comments using any mix of text, a microphone, a web cam, a telephone, or uploaded audio file.
- VoiceThread is simple to use. Read instructions on using VoiceThread in Canvas.
- You can send private, direct, and threaded conversations in VoiceThread. Watch a video on these features.
- Get ideas for using the tool from the VoiceThread Blog
How can I use VoiceThread?
Using VT to enhance Discussion in your course:
Other Examples of VoiceThread Use in Health Science Education
VoiceThread can be integrated in classes in a variety of ways:
- Create a virtual tour of a hospital, lab or medical facility.
- Comment on healthcare or diagnosis related images.
- Create presentations that use audio, video, text as a course assignment.
- Create a health related public service announcement on an important local or world healthcare issue.
- Simulate an interview of a medically significant character.
- Comment on a law, document, chart, or graph related to health science.
- Practice vocabulary or identification of medical diagnosis.
- Pose a question or topic and use it as a visual discussion board. See example.
- Encourage student to student interactions. See example.
- Upload video to VoiceThread and gather reflections. See example.
- Evaluate, review or critique an idea or a student presentation
What do Students Think about VoiceThread? VoiceThread
- Increasing Student Engagement and Assessing the Value of an Online Collaboration Tool: The Case of VoiceThread
- VoiceThread: Conversations in the Cloud
What do I need to know to use VoiceThread?
- Seven things you should know about VoiceThread
- Need help setting up VoiceThread in your Canvas course? Contact email@example.com
- How to use VoiceThread for Instructors
- How to use VoiceThread for Students
Photo by kev_hickey_uk