VoiceThread is a learning tool that holds essentially any type of media (presentations, images, documents, audio, video and more). VoiceThread can be used to add interaction and active learning to any course, whether face to face, blended or online. VoiceThread is an easy way to add audio to presentations.
Use VoiceThread if you looking for a tool that will help you create learning that is:
- Learner centered – Learning begins with what the learner contributes.
- Knowledge-Centered – focused on what is taught, why it is taught, and what competence or mastery looks like.
- Formative with Feedback – make students’ assessments and thinking visible.
- Community Centered – enable the freedom to authentically share a different perspectives.
Try VoiceThread right now:
- Registering for a new account – If you are new to VoiceThread, register for a new free account by following these steps:
- Go to http://voicethread.com.
- Click “Register” in the top-right corner of the page.
- Fill out and submit the short form (use your UNTHSC email account).
- Check your email for the confirmation message, and click on the verification link in this message.
- Watch this video on how to comment
- Comment on this VoiceThread: https://voicethread.com/share/9343397
Agenda for Sept. 7 training
- Basic feature overview, including how to create and comment on a VoiceThread
- How VoiceThread works within a Canvas course
- Examples of various use cases from actual courses