Are you trying to decide whether to use Canvas? Here are some time-saving tips that will help you use some of the tools that can benefit you and your students.
- Speedgrader – Quickly and easily grade assignments and provide feedback
- Crocodoc – Directly markup student work and provide feedback on student’s paper from within Speedgrader!
- Message students who – Right from the gradebook you can message students who haven’t turned in an assignment, got less than a certain score, or more than a certain score!
- Calendar – Calendar entries may be dragged and dropped to different dates and the changes update everywhere in your course.
- Inbox – Course roster is automatically loaded and updated throughout the semester; no need to look up students email addresses. Canvas messages can also be forwarded out to other e-mail systems and your replies come back in!
- Notifications – Ability to configure your notifications so you can be notified about things going on in your course as quickly (or not) as you desire!
- Google Docs – Through Canvas Collaborations Google Docs can be directly integrated you’re your course!
- Rubrics – Rubrics are easy to create and integrate directly into the grading process via Speedgrader.
- Create and add audio and video directly in Canvas – bonus that you can add these types of comments in as you’re grading via Speedgrader!
- What-if Grades – Yes, it’s for students, but it saves faculty time because students understand what assignment grades they need to get to get the final course grade they want!
Need help with your Canvas course? Contact us at Canvas@unthsc.edu.