Are you teaching with Canvas for the first time?
Do you need a Canvas feature refresher?
Or, are you interested in exploring technology plugins within Canvas?
Introduction to Teaching with Canvas Part 1 and Part 2 are self-paced, online, and facilitated courses that offer faculty and staff a breakdown of the available features and tools within Canvas. Both courses are ongoing which means you can register at any time. One course takes approximately 8 hours to complete.
Introduction to Teaching with Canvas Part 1
This online training course is for faculty teaching with Canvas, including those who need a refresher on using the Canvas tools.
- Explore the basic features of Canvas.
- Update Navigation, Syllabus & Calendar features.
- Configure and use the Communication tools.
- Create and edit Modules, Pages and other content.
- Create, deploy and use assignments, assessments and the Grade Book.
Introduction to Teaching with Canvas Part 2
This online course is a continuation of Canvas Basic Training Part I and covers the following Canvas topics:
- Course Migration
- Course Administration
- Integration with External Tools (e.g. Respondus, TurnItIn, Mediasite, etc.)
- Canvas Mobile
Register here for either Introduction to Teaching Canvas Part 1 or Part 2: