Respondus LockDown Browser is a secure testing solution that is now available at UNTHSC for use in face-to-face classes to enhance the integrity and security of tests delivered in Canvas. environment within Canvas. LockDown Browser is a software program that functions as a web browser that prevents students from navigating away from the testing screen. More information is available on the Using LockDown Browser page (choose the “Overview” link next to the Canvas logo). To request Respondus to be configured with your course, please fill out the form below.
Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor is the remote proctoring solution chosen to proctor student quizzes, exams, and/or tests delivered in Canvas for fully online classes. Respondus is integrated with Canvas for increased exam security and integrity. Respondus verifies student identity and monitors the testing environment using a webcam.
- Watch this short video to get a basic understanding of LockDown Browser and Monitor and/or review the Student Quick Start Guide (PDF).
- Download and install LockDown Browser from this link: Download Respondus Lockdown Browser A shortcut will be added to your desktop. This is one time installation unless you use a different computer or uninstall.
- Your instructor will provide more information in the course about exam policies and requirements.
- Support for Respondus is available by emailing email@example.com.
- Create your quizzes in Canvas first. Be sure to set the following:
- Quiz instructions that include your exam policies
- Time limit
- Dates (Available From, Due, and Until)
- Register your Canvas quizzes in Respondus using the “LockDown Browser” link in the course navigation. Use the Quick Start Guide (page 2 Frequently Asked Questions) for detailed steps. This will update the name of your quiz to include “Respondus LockDown Browser + Monitor” in the quiz name. Please do not alter this name.