- The Design of Business, by Roger Martin
- Where Good Ideas Come From by Steven Johnson
- A More Beautiful Question by Warren Berger
- Design: The Invention of Desire by Jessica Helfand
- Change by Design, by Tim Brown
- Creative Confidence, by Tom Kelley & David Kelley
- A Whole New Mind, by Daniel Pink
- Zero to One, by Peter Thiel
- Design Thinking, by Nigel Cross
- The Designful Company, by Marty Neumeier
- Wired to Care, by Dev Patnaik
- Design Transitions, by Joyce Lee, et al
- Design Thinking, by Thomas Lockwood
- Solving Problems with Design Thinking, by Jeanne Liedtka, et al
- Experience Design, by Patrick Newberry, et al
- The Little Book of Design Research Ethics by IDEO
- Experience Maps by Robert Curedale
- Wired to Create by Scott Kaufman & Carolyn Gregiore
- Design for Dasein by Thomas Wendt
- Bell, S. J. (2008). Design Thinking. American Libraries, January/ February, 45-49.
- Brown, T. (2008). Design thinking. Harvard business review, 86(6), 84-92, 141.
- Grainer, M., Noble, C., Bitner, M.J., Broetzmann, E. (2014). What unhappy customers want, MIT Review, Spring.
- Lockwood, T. (ed.) (2009). Design thinking: Integrating innovation, customer experience and brand value. Allworth Press: USA.
- Martin, R. (2009). The design of business: Why design is the next competitive advantage [Book]. Harvard Business School Press.
- Human Centered Design: Context, Theory, and Practice
- Wicked Problems in Design Thinking by Richard Buchanan
- Design Thinking Overview by Tim Brown for HBR
- Design Management Institute
- Tim Brown’s Design Thinking Blog
- Design Thinking Wikipedia Entry
- Beyond the Toolbox: What Ethnographic Thinking Can Offer in a Shifting Marketplace
- A Human Centered Framework for Design by Richard Buchanan
TOOLS for implementing design thinking into your work
- Design Sprint Roadmap
- Human Centered Design Toolkit
- IDEO & Riverdale. (2012). Design thinking for educators toolkit.
- Leidtka, J. & Ogilvie, T. (2012). Designing for growth: A design thinking toolkit for managers. [Book]. Columbia University Press.
- Open Colleges. (2013). 45 design thinking resources for educators.
- Namahn & Design Flanders (2014). Service design toolkit.
- Politecnico di Milano (2014). Service design tools.
- Stanford University. (2010). D.School Bootcamp Bootleg
- Stanford University. (2012). D.School design thinking virtual crash course.
- Stickdorn, M. & Schneider J. (2010). This is service design thinking: basics – tools – cases. [Book]. BIS Publishers.
- Brown, T. (2008). Tales of creativity and play.
- Central. (2010). Design ethnography.
- Design Council. (2013). The value of design.
- Isaac, E. (2013). Ethnography.
- Sinek, S. (2009). How great leaders inspire action.
IMPLEMENTING DESIGN THINKING IN THE ORGANIZATION
DESIGN THINKING APPLICATION IN TRAINING
DESIGN THINKING IN EDUCATION
- Howard, Z. & Davis, K. (2011). From solving puzzles to designing solutions: integrating design thinking into Evidence Based Practice, Evidence Based Library and Information Practice, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 15-21.
- Developing Design Thinking for Higher Education