The Center for Innovative Learning will host sessions in LIB-400 on April 13 and April 24 from 12:00 noon to 1:30 PM to train you in how to use our new video tool, Panopto.
- Snacks and drinks will be provided.
- Bring your own device to practice alongside the presenter.
- Overview of the Panopto system
- How people are using Panopto at other schools
- Using the Create Button from your Canvas course to download the recorder and make new videos
- How to make a voice-over-powerpoint recording
- How to make a recording using video, audio, powerpoint, and screen capture
- Editing your recording
- Changing slides
- Making Quizzes
- Copying and moving videos
- CIL staff will be on hand afterward for a continuation of the lesson, providing individual consultations on how to use Panopto media to meet your academic research and instructional needs.
Kaltura Retirement Timeline
Panopto replaces Kaltura as the video platform for UNTHSC. CIL consultations and training available now.
- Users will no longer be able to upload anymore content to Kaltura after May 12.
- Kaltura content will be duplicated in Panopto after May 12.
- Kaltura will remain operational in Canvas until December 2018.
- All current Kaltura links and embeds will remain active until Kaltura service ends in December 2018.
- CIL consultations and training are available now to assist with replacing your Kaltura links and embeds in Canvas with Panopto versions.