Mediasite is UNTHSC’s new video hosting platform and desktop recording solution for UNTHSC.
We are migrating away from our current Video Platform Panopto to Mediasite. Mediasite is one of the biggest players in automated classroom recording solutions, where you can create, publish, search and manage all of your videos. For most Faculty and Staff members, the workflow will not change, and you still will be able to record your lecture (via the PC in the room or your Laptop), upload videos and embed videos into your course via Canvas.
- We have made a copy of all recorded skill videos, lectures and videos uploaded to your folder, and we are in the process of importing these into Mediasite.
- CIL will also change the video embed in Canvas, to make sure they’re all pointing to the new Mediasite Video Platform.
Training Handouts & Resources
- Mediasite Faculty Training
- How to Create a Mediasite Recording
- Mediasite Quizzes
- Mediasite User Guide
- My Mediasite Training videos (youtube)
- Mediasite Training videos (Medisite training showcase)
For coordinators and schedulers, a separate training is provided. All training will be recorded and available online.
IMPORTANT DATES AND TIMELINE
There are a few important dates to remember:
- December 17, 2019: Go Live Date for Mediasite Video Platform: The new Mediasite recorders are being installed and will go live on December 17, 2018, and all lectures will be recorded to the new Mediasite video platform.
- January 2, 2019: First Lecture recording via Mediasite: Start of the first lecture recording using the new Mediasite platform. From this day, if you have any videos to upload: please upload any videos to the Mediasite platform.
- February 15, 2019: Last and final copy of all: We will make one last and final copy of all the videos in the Panopto video platform, and import these into Mediasite video platform. We are making one last pass to check the video embeds in Canvas.
- February 28, 2019: Panopto Cut-off date: The cut-off date of the Panopto Platform. From this day, you will no longer be able to use Panopto.
Should you have any questions, please contact: Rens Bais Email: Ernesto.Bais@unthsc.edu