Panopto is an easy-to-use, software-based event capture system, which can be for audio/video/screen capture, streaming, and sharing. Panopto is a fully operational service featuring a direct integration with Canvas, along with mobile apps for users. Panopto simplifies the complex task of recording content or lectures and presenting pre-recorded video information. Panopto will run on any Windows or Mac computer and can record anything the computer can “see”: screen shots; presentation slides (PowerPoint, Keynote); and video and audio sources. It packages all of these elements automatically and presents them in an easy to view format. Creating a recording requires the Panopto recorder. This application is small and simple, and it runs on Windows and Mac. Want to attend Panopto Training? Watch the CIL Calendar page and the Daily News for dates and times. Panopto replaces Kaltura, which will be phased out of use at UNTHSC.
The first thing you must do is download the Panopto Recorder.
- Windows Recorder Documentation
- Mac Recorder Documentation
- Mobile Apps
- Viewing Panopto Recordings (helpful for students)
Further information and Training
- The Panopto FAQ
- Webinars are great ways to learn about Panopto and the particular features
- Please contact the CIL at Canvas@unthsc.edu for consultation on other methods of screen recording and media production.