The Center for Innovative Learning Innovation Lab is a shared learning and collaborative environment for the next generation of health care educators to explore the classroom application of technology enhanced learning. Tools available include 3D printing, medical, Articulate 360 and Augmented/Virtual/Mediated Reality (VR/MR/AR).
We serve the UNTHSC community of educators who are looking to gain experience using state of the art tools and techniques to develop course related projects, create prototypes, or explore the application of innovative ideas in a supportive environment.
Innovation Lab Vision: To be extraordinary leaders of exploring innovation for teaching and learning.
Innovation Lab Mission: Advance transformative educational experiences through the use of cutting edge educational tools and techniques.
Innovation Lab Goals
- Build a community of practice with UNTHSC educators interested in cutting edge educational tools and techniques.
- Provide a place for creative and intuitive learning design that is infused with technology.
The Lab includes the following equipment:
- Dremmel 3D45 3D Printer
- Apple iMac 27″ desktop computer with 3D creation software
- PC with VR/AR Programming software: 3DOrganon; Unreal Engine or Unity, Oculus Rift, 3D Anatomy Apps
- SmartKapp Interactive Capture WhiteBoard
- Articulate 360
- 3D Scanner (coming soon)
Reserve the Innovation Lab: Please complete the online training modules as described here. After completing the training you will be able to reserve time in the Innovation Lab. Questions? email email@example.com