The Division of Academic Innovation (DAI) Innovation Lab is a shared learning and collaborative environment for the next generation of health care educators to explore the classroom application of technology-enhanced learning. Tools available include 3D printing, medical, Articulate 360, and Augmented/Virtual/Mediated Reality (VR/MR/AR).
We serve the UNTHSC community of educators who are looking to gain experience using state-of-the-art tools and techniques to develop course-related projects, create prototypes, or explore the application of innovative ideas in a supportive environment.
Innovation Lab Vision: To be extraordinary leaders of exploring innovation for teaching and learning.
Innovation Lab Mission: Advance transformative educational experiences through the use of cutting-edge educational tools and techniques.
Innovation Lab Goals
- Build a community of practice with UNTHSC educators interested in cutting-edge educational tools and techniques.
- Provide a place for creative and intuitive learning design that is infused with technology.
The Lab includes the following equipment:
- Dremmel 3D45 3D Printer
- Apple iMac 27″ desktop computer with 3D creation software
- PC with VR/AR Programming software: 3DOrganon; Unreal Engine or Unity, Oculus Rift, 3D Anatomy Apps
- SmartKapp Interactive Capture WhiteBoard
- Articulate 360
- 3D Scanner (coming soon)
Reserve the Innovation Lab: Please complete the online training modules as described here. After completing the training you will be able to reserve time in the Innovation Lab. Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org