Canvas runs on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, or any other device* with a modern web browser.
Supported desktop browsers include the last two versions of:
While Canvas supports the latest 2 versions of Internet Explorer (10 & 11), you are highly encouraged to use Chrome, Safari, or Firefox for the best user experience. As of May 24th, 2014, Canvas no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer older than IE10.
Canvas requires the following browser components:
- Flash is required for media recording, streaming, viewing, and uploading.
- The Java plug-in is required for several features in Canvas.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view documents in your browser.
To test if your browser is compatible with Canvas, please visit the UNT Health Science Center Canvas login page.
Computer Hardware Requirements
You are required to have use of a computer system with the following specifications and components**:
- 2 GHz processor or faster
- 1GB RAM or greater
- 80 GB hard drive or larger
- Cable/DSL broadband connection or better
- 1024×768 or greater resolution monitor
- Video card
- Sound card with speakers
- CD-ROM drive
- Inkjet or laser printer
- Computer microphone
- A web camera capable of video web conferencing
While Canvas is supported on Android and iOS mobile devices, it is optimized for desktop displays. Since Canvas uses flash, certain features may not be available to you on your mobile device. Using your desktop to submit assignments, discussion posts, and take quizzes is highly recommended.
*Canvas is optimized for desktop displays.
**Your instructor may require additional hardware or software for your course.
- Setting up Email
- Canvas Technical Requirements
- Canvas Login
- My HSC
- UNTHSC on iTunes U
- Complaint Process for UNTHSC Students Enrolled in Online Courses