There is a new method of using Turnitin with Canvas, and it is the LTI tool. Turnitin’s page for the LTI tool, which includes the official Admin and Instructor Guides is here: http://turnitin.com/en_us/support/integrations/lti
See the Quick Start Guide to Configuring Your Assignment for TurnItIn. Need more help? Visit the Canvas Community for further details on how to use TurnItIn in Canvas.
Here is some specific information
- What settings can I adjust with my assignment? View the available TurnItIn optional settings and how to set them.
- What can you do in Turnitin? The major Turnitin features are originality reports, grading (with reusable comments, rubrics, etc.), e-rater (automated comments), grade anything (PowerPoint Excel, etc.), Peer Review, iPad reports and grading, and cloud submit.
- How does an instructor set up an assignment using the LTI tool? Here is a rough tutorial on setting up an assignment from New Mexico College:
- How do students submit to a Turnitin LTI assignment? View the student tutorial on uploading your word processing file.
- How do students do peer reviews? Student tutorial for using PeerMark.
- How do students receive their feedback? Student tutorial for reviewing instructor feedback.
- Does Turnitin send a grade from Turnitin to the Canvas Gradebook? Yes. The only exception is if you use the iPad app to grade. This is a known issue with iPad grading at this time.
Need help with TurnItIn in Canvas? Contact us using this form and we will follow up with you: