There is a new method of using Turnitin with Canvas, and it is the LTI tool.
See the Quick Start Guide to Configuring Your Assignment for TurnItIn. Need more help? Visit the Canvas Community for further details on how to use TurnItIn in Canvas.
Here is some specific information for instructors
- TurnItIn faculty guide for Canvas
- Comprehensive Canvas/TurnItIn from Convas Community
- How does an instructor set up an assignment using the LTI tool? Here is a rough tutorial on setting up an assignment from New Mexico College:
- How do students submit to a Turnitin LTI assignment? View the student tutorial on uploading your word processing file.
- How do students do peer reviews? Student tutorial for using PeerMark.
- How do students receive their feedback? Student tutorial for reviewing instructor feedback.
- Does Turnitin send a grade from Turnitin to the Canvas Gradebook? Yes. The only exception is if you use the iPad app to grade. This is a known issue with iPad grading at this time.
Are you a student and want to check your writing for plagiarism?
TurnItIn is available for faculty use in Canvas. Ypu can request that your instructor use TurnItIn within your course, or you can use free plagiarism tools found online, such as:
You can also check with the Center for Academic Performance for assistance with writing and avoiding plagiarism.
Faculty, need help with TurnItIn in Canvas? Contact us using this form and we will follow up with you: