At UNTHSC, we believe that all students should have equal technology opportunities in the classroom. The following technologies may appear in our online or blended courses. Instructors of courses should link to this page (inside syllabus or course shell in Canvas) for updated statements of accessibility, voluntary product accessibility template (VPAT) documents. If there are any course technology accessibility statements missing from this list or in need corrections, please contact the Center for Innovative Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning Management System:
Canvas provides a user experience that is easy, simple, and intuitive. Special attention has been paid to making Canvas screen-readable. The Rich Content Editor encourages users to create accessible content pages (i.e. text formatting is accomplished using styles). Canvas is designed to allow limited customization of colors and schemes to be accessible for all users. The National Federation of the Blind granted Canvas (Links to an external site.) the Gold Level Web Certification in 2010.
Find more information by visiting the Canvas Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT).
- Statements: http://www.adobe.com/accessibility.html
- Products VPATs: http://www.adobe.com/accessibility/compliance.html
- iOS, OS X, Safari, etc.
- Statements: https://www.apple.com/accessibility/
- Products VPATs: https://www.apple.com/accessibility/resources/
- Google Chrome, Google Docs, Youtube.com, etc.
- Statements: http://www.google.com/accessibility
- Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word, etc.), Windows operating system, Skype, etc.
- Statements: http://www.microsoft.com/enable/microsoft/mission.aspx
- Products VPATs: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/government/products/section-508-vpats/default.aspx#fbid=42st4ySY8oM
- Privacy: http://www.softwaresecure.com/privacy-statement/
No VPAT or accessibility statement found
- Statement: https://www-03.ibm.com/research/accessibility/requests/accvpat.nsf/bidxjs?OpenForm
- Product VPAT Request Form: https://www-03.ibm.com/research/accessibility/requests/accvpat.nsf/bidxjs?OpenFor
- Camtasia Studio, Snagit, etc.
- Statement & Documents: http://www.techsmith.com/accessibility.html
- Privacy: http://turnitin.com/en_us/about-us/privacy
- Statement and VPATS: http://turnitin.com/en_us/about-us/accessibility
- Screen-reading site: http://voicethread.com/universal/
- Statement: http://voicethread.com/about/features/accessibility/
- VPAT: http://voicethread.com/media/misc/VoiceThread-Accessibility-Whitepaper.pdf