A globally-recognized leader in forensic identification
The Center for Human Identification (CHI) is an accredited forensic laboratory on the campus of The University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth.
What We Do
- Perform forensic genetic and anthropological examinations for criminal casework and missing persons identification
- Manage local CODIS Operations
- Manage the Texas Missing Persons DNA Database
- Train students and professionals in various aspects of forensic genetics
- Improve forensic identification capabilities through innovative research
- Serve the State of Texas on various initiatives
- Manage the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) for the US Department of Justice
Submit Forensic Cases and Samples
UNTCHI reports in a simplified report format. By submitting evidence to the Forensic or Missing Persons Unit for analysis, the customer has agreed to receive simplified reports.
Effective June 1, 2020 UNTCHI will resume services.
- The laboratory will be operating with limited staff, and, thus prior to submitting evidence, you must contact the Evidence Handling Unit for instructions regarding the number of cases that can be submitted.
- All in-person evidence deliveries or pick-ups must be scheduled in advance.
- All visitors will be required to wear a face covering (e.g., mask) when visiting the laboratory. Please continue to monitor our website for updates.
- The contact number for the Evidence Handling Unit is 817-735-0606 or toll free at 1-800-763-3147.
We appreciate your understanding and support during the COVID-19 National Emergency.
HSC Center for Human Identification
CBH, 6th Floor
3500 Camp Bowie Boulevard
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Phone and Fax
- Local: 817-735-0606
- Fax: 817-735-0553
- Toll-Free: 1-800-763-3147
- Toll-Free Fax: 1-800-221-3515