Message from the Executive Director
Welcome to the Center for Health Policy (CHP) at The University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth (HSC). Within HSC, a boundary organization that sits at the intersection of the knowledge and policy spheres, the CHP works to be a trusted source of information for policymakers locally, nationally and globally. Rooted in community collaboration and community investment the CHP carries out and facilitates high quality, innovative research and evaluation that translates into policy and supports practical policy implementation while recognizing that the absence of disease alone does not make a person healthy. In considering the multiple factors necessary to achieve and maintain health it is also clear that policies that influence and affect the health of individuals, communities and populations may not be health policies.
The Center develops and nurtures researchers, clinical service providers, students and community members to understand the challenge and necessity of translating research into health policy, of allowing full use of science in the policy cycle and of incorporating health policy into who they are and what they do.
The CHP team:
- Believe health policy and advocacy will create solutions for healthier communities
- Are committed to high-quality, innovative research and evaluation across multiple disciplines that informs the creation of new approaches and solutions for healthier communities
- Are dedicated to ensuring health equity and improved health outcomes, with an emphasis on marginalized populations and on serving others first
- Believe that community outreach and engagement with genuine, sustained relationships are essential to the work we do
- Value collaboration and the integration of public health, population health, medicine and health policy
- Support the development and mentorship of the current and future health care and research workforce
Thank you for your interest in the Center for Health Policy. I invite you to join us, partner with us and/or follow along with us on this journey.