Welcome, Questionnaire, and Virtual Introduction
Geriatric Practice Leadership Institute
We are excited to welcome you as part of the 2019-2020 Geriatric Practice Leadership Institute!
On behalf of UNT Health Science Center’s Center for Geriatrics and TCU’s Neeley School of Business and Harris College of Nursing and Health Sciences, we congratulate and welcome your team. Below, please find information to help get you started and navigate a successful institute experience.
- Complete a short online questionnaire by Friday, September 27th.
- Information from the survey will allow the setup of a USER ID to access Wi-Fi, UNTHSC Library resources, and the GPLI online learning portal
- Please click on the following link to participate in the survey: Geriatric Practice Leadership Institute Pre-Survey
The following 7 items must be completed by September 27th.
1. View the GPLI Virtual Introduction PowerPoint
- This presentation can be viewed HERE
2. The Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI): Course Instructions
- For the Geriatric Practice Leadership Institute, we will be using resources from The Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI).
- Please follow these instructions on how to register for an IHI account and complete the required courses prior to Thursday, September 6th.
3. IHI Video: How to Improve
- Watch the IHI Open School’s course, “QI 102: How to Improve with the Model for Improvement” (approximately 1.5 hours in length). Begin by clicking Lesson 1. Upon completion of the course, a certificate can be generated. Please print that certificate and bring it with you to Session 1, or email it to Leah.Johnston2@unthsc.edu.
4. IHI Videos: PDSA Part 1 & 2
- View the two IHI whiteboard videos on the PDSA cycle.
- The first video is titled “PDSA Cycles (part 1)” and the second video is titled “PDSA Cycles (part 2)”. Both videos combined are only 9 minutes long.
5. IHI Video: Age-Friendly Health Systems
- Watch the IHI video “What Is an Age-Friendly Health System” (3 minutes in length)
6. Read the book “Strengths Based Leadership”
- A copy of this book will be mailed to you. Please look for an upcoming email about this step.
7. Complete the Strengths Finder Assessment
- Your copy of the book “Strengths Based Leadership” will have a sheet in the back of the book with an access code. Tear that sheet out and use the access code to complete the Strengths Finder Assessment online. Bring your assessment with you to Session 1.
We encourage you to complete these items in order to enhance your participation and project development.
- Watch this 7 minute video on navigating the UNTHSC Library website
- Read this article to enhance your understanding of what a Needs Assessment is and why it is important
- If your team is looking for inspiration related to your project idea, visit the I-CAN Activity Pages to explore resources and ideas around four primary drivers of population health. You can also visit the Projects Page to view examples of projects previously launched, and develop inspiration for your own.
Please contact GPLI Program Coordinator, Leah Johnston, with any questions at 817-735-0657 or Leah.Johnston2@unthsc.edu
This page was last modified on September 13, 2019